Monday, January 2, 2012

Manuel, 2011 (Glancing Back, Smiling Forward)

2008 was my year of transition...


2009's the year of pleasure and consequences...


2010 is the year of discovery of the other side; learning and coping...




2011... 


The year of application. The year of understanding -- knowing who, and how capable I am. Challenges came, yet REST filled my heart and made me stand sturdier and more stable. Temptations were present, but I was kept untouched for I am COVERED. Disappointments tried to eat me -- tried so hard that most of the time I almost gave in, but, His ASSURANCE and LOVE are just too powerful for me to give up. This year, I was enabled to apply all that I've learned from the previous ones. Most of the time I doubted, I trembled. But He never failed to constantly tap my shoulder, lift my head, and say "I've already done it all. Cheer up son! Trust me when I say I've done it all...". Many will say I was not able to get anything this year. As a matter of fact, there was a lot of disappointing events that happened. But what they do not know is, this truly is my year of the MUCH MORE. I learned how to be more trusting, how to keep myself at peace despite of all that's negative, how to share smiles and laughter that brings out hope and optimism, how to be a blessing, how to remember, how to accept... All this I gained not because I'm good, but because even before I got them all, He already made me realize that I already have everything with Him; that all I have to do is to believe more, and for me to believe more I need to know more of who He is by establishing a closer relationship with Him. 


And now, as the year ends, I look back to all the things that had happened -- good and bad. Then, look straight forward to the coming year with a huge smile and a declaration: "There is no stopping in getting better! 2012, greater things we are about to share! I definitely am ready, you should be! haha!"






"Christian, you might have been inconsistent, but He consistently led you back to where you should be. In everything, don't worry! Take courage! For He who started it will surely make it come to pass... Keep the fire burning..."

No comments:

Post a Comment