Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Favored


A word was spoken and declared over me this year: this will be a year of positive changes and unceasing favor. Holding on to this declaration with optimism and an expectant heart, I changed my perspective; shifting my view to a certain degree where I'd be able to see at least a glimpse of what God is doing in and through me. "[Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight," (Philippians 2:13, AMP). And behold! It's just the end of the first quarter of 2013, and I'm already filled, no, overflowing with good things and happenings and wisdom and changes. The more that I look to Him and indulge myself in His beauty and love, the more that I understand that His desire is purely to bless and prosper me with both tangible and intangible things, even with the desire and the will to live as His son. "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God," (Hebrews 12:2, NIV). And it doesn't even stop there. I was deployed to different places, and was sent to meet different people so that I'd be able to see the essence of all the great things that's been happening in and around me. He wants me to enable others to have the same favor and joy (or even more!) as what I am experiencing, for them to see what reality really is -- Him, Jesus. Favor at the workplace, in school, in relationships (family and friends), and a lot of extras (JPIA Idol, professional networks, Palawan, financial, physical, etc.). Oh there are more to look forward to for the next 3 quarters, excluding His surprises for me! Haha! My life is such a testimony of how good my God is. Let my life, despite of my imperfections, be a mirror of His goodness alone. Amen.

"There is more to come! Fasten your seatbelt! Were you not told that there is a quick work that's happening? You are now stepping in to a blazing firestorm of His great works, not as an spectator, but a partaker. Get ready for a harvest you won't be able to bear yourself, Christian. Great, great things are coming! Keep the fire burning!"

NOTE:
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the people who has blessed me so much during my Palawan Holy Week getaway. To Sir Renren, Sir Adrian, Rodel, Nelson and Bogart for keeping me alive for the last 4 days of my stay there. BALDOGs is the BEST! Haha! I really can't thank you enough guys. I'm absolutely overwhelmed by the care and love, plus the fun and the bond we had. Speechless. To Life Church Manila headed by Kuya Ryan and the other primaries, to Pastor Ancho of the entire Life Church community and his family, to all the new friends that I met during that week, to the other disciples, everyone I was with in Palawan, my deepest, sincerest thanks to all of you. Indeed, one of the most blessed week I've had. :D

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!! I'm so happy to hear that you are almost near to the place God has prepared for you! It is just one step away; one long deep breath; one-time hearing and seeing His purposes as they slowly unfold in front of you...I'm just really filled with joy now knowing that your heart is at peace (unlike before, right? hehe). I'm really thankful. He answered my prayer to give you peace and joy and to help you see His grace and love for you...that even in your quiet desperation, you will have peace knowing that He hears you. Wow! And I'm glad that you are now excited to impart everything you are learning and will be still learning! I'm really proud of you son (SON?! lol) :) I am still in owe of how He favors us, His children, despite our failures; How He is faithful, despite our weaknesses. As I have told you before, just keep on doing what you do best, dear, and He will never forsake you. Ever! :) Most of the time, It is us who really need to change, right? ;-) He still loves us, anyhow! All He wanted was for us to grow in His word and righteousness...But, still, we need to change, though. And, at least this way, we will never stop on improving ourselves for His glorification alone -- not ours. This is a great post and I'm looking forward for more answered prayers and revelations to unfold this year! See you soon, 'k? :)

    ReplyDelete