Thursday, January 3, 2013

Manuel, 2012 (Roaring Forward)




Another year has ended, and there comes another that offers a fresh start. The past years were full of transformations – from the simplest to the most complex, and now finding its way back to simplicity and calmness.

2011 was my year of application of all that I’ve learned – the things that was added to my knowledge and personality. 2012 came as an extension, but furthermore, it served to be a year of realizations. Sweet as it may sound, but realizations didn’t come as pleasurable as mere learning as that of 2010. It involved a lot of wrong choices, wrong perspectives, wrong steps, wrong timings, even wrong persons. But as what I always say, everything has a brighter side. Not because I am a die-hard optimist, but because that is reality. And as I say goodbye to the year of heartaches and disappointments, I say “HAHA” for I am still here, alive and kicking and more equipped facing 2013. I say “enough!” to self-inflicted destructions, even those caused by others. This year I struggled to gain control over myself, but ended up being controlled by my ambitions and desires. And so, this year, it may be a struggle again, but this time it is to give back the control to Him who knows best. The year will be a better year – opportunities, friendship, more wisdom, right happenings. My spirit roars for genuine joy, for love, and for a closer relationship with Him, my Guide. Hurrah! Christian is on his way closer to where he should be! Amen. 


“Yes, no one promised a smooth-sailing journey, but you can hold on to His promise that the destination is a land of milk and honey. No worries! You committed mistakes yet you learned. You made wrong choices yet the road back to the right path is still left wide open. Take courage! Rest in His peace. Keep it burning, Christian.”

No comments:

Post a Comment